How to Feel Better
I’m about to drop some Limitless Life Truths for How to Feel Better…but first…
How are you doing this fabulous Memorial Day?
I wanted to take a minute to acknowledge and appreciate those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
As a military spouse I don’t take this lightly.
Today I’m holding space for families I know personally who lost a loved one in service to our country.
I am so grateful that there are selfless individuals who are willing to give everything so that we can create a better life for ourselves.
And that’s the most important thing, right?
That we actually celebrate and live the life that we are lucky enough to be given, to have others willing to fight for…
Most of my clients come to me with the desire to feel better, expecting that an external change will make it happen.
But that’s rarely the case or the answer.
Limitless Life Truths for How to Feel Better
Here’s some quick, limitless life truths for how to feel better:
- Ditch the belief that the ultimate goal is to feel happy all the time.
- Stop relying on others to make you feel better. Most people are doing a crappy job at taking care of themselves, why would they be better at taking care of you?
- Recognize that you alone make you feel the way you feel, all because of a thought.
- If you want to feel better you must take 100% responsibility for your results in life.
- Learn the thought that is behind your feeling – all emotions are created by a thought, not by something external to us.
- Take time to check in with yourself, your needs, and what the negative emotions are trying to tell you – they are action signals that something needs to change.
- Make it a priority to practice self-care, focusing on daily consistent actions that honor mind, body and spirit.
- Honor your mental and emotional space.
- Get clear on what it is that you truly want so that you can stop saying yes to things that are out of alignment.
More than just a checklist
It’s one thing to read these limitless life truths and learn them. It’s an entirely different thing to practice and live them. And that’s where the magic of change lives.
You MUST practice what you learn to create different results in life.
You MUST be willing to embrace the discomfort of change.
You MUST decide that it’s worth it and commit to it.